Welcome back, Dalarnians!
In the first part of this series, we gave an introduction to the mining plot system in Mines of Dalarnia. You can read it by following this link:
Today, we will review basic information from the first article and further discuss the following topics:
- The 3 depth system of increasing difficulty and loot quality
- The power level system that determines which plots and depths you can mine
- Planet types
- Biome types and how they will affect gameplay
- Biome specific power levels that further restrict the plots and depths you can mine
Let’s dig in!
The Depth System
As mentioned in Part 1, each mining plot has 3+ difficulty levels named ‘Depths’ associated with it. In general, deeper depths require stronger equipment but award more abundant and valuable resources.
The Power Level System
Each plot and depth will have a specific ‘Power Level’. At first, these levels will be from 1–10, though higher levels are possible in the future. Your character’s power level needs to be within 2 levels of the plot. So, a player with a power level of 6 can mine plots up to a power level of 8 (though they may find this run extremely challenging).
Your character’s power level is determined only by their gear — equipment itself is upgraded and levelled up, there are no ‘experience points’ gained by your character. If your character possesses powerful enough equipment, they can attempt a mining run.
How do I upgrade my equipment?
Each player starts with a basic set of gear. Players can upgrade their equipment over time via the in-game crafting and combining system, using DAR tokens and resources acquired from mining runs. Individual pieces of gear can be bought and sold on the Dalarnian marketplace, which opens several interesting opportunities:
- Players who wish to buy powerful equipment using DAR tokens as a ‘shortcut’ can do so
- A player who wants to earn an income can systematically upgrade and sell off powerful gear on the open market (“gear farming”)
- A player who wants to become powerful through time expended in the game can acquire many of the required resources by ‘grinding’
Now that we have discussed the depth and power level system, we will move to discuss planet types and biomes.
Each planet in the Dalarnian world has a specific type. The first planet that will exist, called Terra Prime, belongs to the planet type Terra.
Other planet types will be added as the game world expands. These other planet types will have additional access requirements, the mechanics of which are still being finalized. There is also a possibility of future planets being created that encompass multiple types.
Each planet will be home to various different Biomes, which are a subcategory of the planet’s type.
Biomes on Terra Prime
At launch, four Terra-specific biomes will exist:
- Terra (standard)
Plots and depths belonging to any biome other than standard (“Terra”) will have an additional ‘biome power level’ associated with them. To mine these plots and depths, the player must use an equipment load-out that has a biome aspect power level equal or greater than this value.
Biome levels will include unique tile textures, as well as monster skins. Attempts to fight these monsters without the proper equipment will be difficult. In the future, additional biome-specific rewards, items and resources may be added.
- Every mining plot belongs to a planet type and has three depths of progressive difficulty. Each depth may additionally belong to a specific biome
- In order to mine a specific plot and depth, a player must possess a high enough power level
- For depths that belong to a specific biome, a player must also possess a high enough biome aspect power level
- The planet type and biome together determine the nature of the monsters and other environmental hazards found
- A player’s power levels are determined entirely by the equipment they wear
- Equipment can be crafted, upgraded, and also bought and sold on the open market
Look out for Part 3!
In part 3, we will pivot away from gameplay to discuss business: Specifically, the land ownership and rental system. Players interested in P2E and passive income opportunities through Mines of Dalarnia should be sure to check it out!
Join our channels: