Beginner’s Guide 4 of 4: Toxic Zones and Final Tips — Good Luck, Adventurer!
In the conclusion to our beginner’s guide series, we will be looking at the fourth and final zone type, Toxic Zones. In addition, we will provide some final pointers to set you on the path to advanced gameplay. Let’s get started!
- Just like Terra Zones, Toxic Zones use your oxygen tank level to determine how long you can survive
- These zones are generally the most dangerous and provide the least light sources for the player
- Many of the most exotic and powerful upgrade resources, such as galaxy geodes and void pearls are found in these zones
By the time you reach the most difficult Toxic zones, you will likely be a seasoned Miner and know your way around. But just to make sure have the best chance of success, here is a compilation of some of the tips shared earlier in this series, as well as a few new ones:
- Loot frequency and quantity generally increases as you dig deeper. However, you always need to weight the risk of pressing on further into a mine and dying, leaving you empty handed for the current run.
- All plots are rated with a difficulty level from 0 to 9. The higher number, the stronger your pickaxe needs to be to mine the blocks and the more challenging the plot will be to survive. Choose plots that are at a ‘just right’ difficulty level from your current progression to ensure you can mine successfully while also acquiring the materials needed to make yourself stronger.
- Learn and master the inventory system! You can discard items from one slot of your inventory by right clicking on it, if you need to make more room to collect the resource you are in need of.
- Try to keep an escape teleport pack in your inventory whenever possible, plan your exits in advance and remember to use the ‘Abort Run’ function if necessary by pressing the pause button and choosing abort run. As difficulty increases and the stakes get higher, it is important to maximize your returns.
- Work toward land ownership. Buying upgrading your own plots and renting them out to other players is a great way to ensure a constant stream of Dalarnia token revenue. As you progress beyond the beginner phase, be sure to check out the plot upgrades in the crafting section of the menu!
The Beginning of an Epic Adventure
As development continues on Mines of Dalarnia, you can expect new refinements, features and secrets to be added and uncovered! We hope you found our four part beginner’s series helpful in getting you started upon your journey. This article series is part of a larger initiative to bring Mines of Dalarnia out of the Alpha phase and launch on the Chromia mainnet later this year. To stay up to date, view our website, join our Telegram Channel, follow us on Twitter, and follow our Medium account.