April 2022 Recap and Development Update
April has been a milestone month for the project, as we have launched our mainnet! Interest in our game has been soaring, and we are working day in and day out to provide a reliable product with a dynamically adjusting, well balanced game economy. We highly recommend following our Telegram announcement channel and joining our Discord server to stay up to date.
- Our mainnet was launched on April 26, and immediately saw a massive influx in network traffic and player interest!
- Over the first week, we have been working to address various server stability issues resulting from overwhelming amounts of network traffic.
- In addition, we have been tweaking the fee structures and mechanics in order to strike the right balance between meaning costs vs rewards, as well as combating issues arising from client based exploits and bot spamming.
- We are regularly releasing updated versions of the install file as we update the game. Please note that you must be running the most recent version in order to connect to the game servers. You can always find the most recent version through the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button on the website.
- Owners who won plots in the land sales can now redeem their plots for use in the game. Check out the ‘redeem land’ tab on our landsale portal. In addition, a land management utility has been added to the game and will be available when our server comes back online during the week of May 1.
- In addition to all the development, we have also been busy participating in AMAs, listing on new exchanges and having new markets added on existing exchanges! Read on for all the news from April!
Notable Events and News from April:
- At the beginning of the month, we completed our third and final land sale before mainnet launch. We have no immediate plans for more land sales, but additional events will take place in the future.
- On April 5th and 6th, we posted reminders to join our Instagram page and our Twitch account. Check them out!
- On April 11th, our land plot market reached an important milestone, crossing $1,000,000 USD of value traded. You can check out the land plot market here.
- On April 12, our project lead Manfred Pack joined CryptoJ for an AMA. You can read the recap here.
- On April 13th, we published this awesome Mainnet trailer. Though you can now play on the mainnet in real time, it’s still pretty cool!
- Also on April 13th, our updated website went live. If you haven’t visited us in a while, come check it out!
- On April 14th, we introduced the concept of an AMM resource DEX. This model is being used on our mainnet, and allows players to buy and sell resources for DAR tokens without relying on negotiations with other players. As supply and demand for items fluctuates, the price adjusts accordingly.
- On April 19th, DAR was listed on Kucoin! The listing was accompanied by a trading contest which ran from April 20th to April 27th. We are thrilled to add Kucoin to our list of exchange partners!
- On April 20th, we announced a rewards program which included frequent V1 (Chromia testnet) playtesters, V2 BNB Testnet testers, and Mining Ape holders. You can check out the rewards portal here and see if you qualify for any rewards.
- In mid April, the MoD team was represented at the Paris Blockchain Week Summit. To read more about our participation in this event and see some couple pictures, check out this short article.
- On April 21st, Keith McCollough appeared on a video AMA on BNB Chain’s official Youtube channel. You can watch the footage here.
- On April 25th, Keith held another AMA on Mines of Dalarnia’s very own Discord server! You can read the recap here.
- On April 26th, we made this important post about Canary Bird NFTs — if you own one or are interested in owning one, be sure to read it!
- Also on April 26th, we posted this Setup Guide which will help you get started playing on MoD’s mainnet.
- On April 29th, Binance enabled 25x futures markets for the DAR token. We appreciate the continued support shown to us by Binance!
- A significant update was performed on the final weekend in April and the start of March (April 30-May 4), addressing challenges encountered during our first week online. Check out all the details here.
Coming up in May
- The development focus on May will be refining and strengthening our mainnet, ensuring that all players can connect reliably and join into a thriving and balanced game economy!
- Continuing efforts will be made to bring wider awareness of Mines of Dalarnia to the crypto world
- Additional promotions are in the works to attract new players and enhance the engagement of existing players of our game.
- More news and announcements as they become available!
Join our channels: